Efficient note taking skills
When you revise your lecture notes to study, what do you think of your skills at taking notes? When you get your exam marks back, what do you then think of your note taking skills? When you take notes from a book, do you land up with reams of paper?
If you wish to improve your note taking skills this course is for you.
Note taking skills
This course will help you to:
- Take notes from lectures and similar learning resources in an efficient and effective way
- Prediction / anticipation
- Discourse markers
- Map of lectures
- Note taking methods
- Learning styles
- Store notes efficiently
- Exploit your notes for successful study
Who is this for?
- Any undergraduate student who knows how important note taking is for academic success and who feels that their note taking skills can be improved.
- Students who wish to make better use of their time at Rhodes.
- Students who wish to improve their marks.
When: 27 – 28 February 2016
Times: Saturday: 09h00 – 16h00 and
Sunday: 09h00 – 13h00
Where: The Acorn Institute: Academic Success, 23 Lawrence Street, Sunnyside.
Price : R800
Methods of payment:
The deposit can be paid (a) by EFT, (b) bank deposit or (c) Payfast.
Please remember to email us proof of payment if you make a bank deposit or EFT.
Branch code: 470010
Account number: 1414267205