You will be met at the airport upon arrival in China. There are usually around 100 native English teachers who arrive in China with each in-take. From the airport you go to orientation.
What happens at orientation?
This is your chance to get the low-down on living and teaching in China from experienced local experts! The orientation covers:
- Welcome dinner
- Crash course in Mandarin – learn how to get by in the local lingo!
- Teacher training and lesson plan guidance
- Do’s and don’ts in Chinese culture
- Transport & logistics
- Chinese methodologies of teaching
- Safety training
- Bank and logistical information
- Cultural orientation